Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 64 -- In Limbo

Yesterday they put up the shakes on the dormers. I love the shakes and the trim around the windows! Can't wait to see them painted.

I believe yesterday they also had the plumbing, electrical and HVAC inspections. I haven't heard the official outcome, but I'm pretty sure they all passed because no one was here working at all today.

The insulation was planned to be installed today, however, Brian and I decided to upgrade to the blown in insulation and they couldn't get that team here today. Bummer for us, but our neighbor Sally was at least grateful for a day of respite. I ended up working half a day from home today, so I can't say as I'm not grateful for the quiet as well. My hope for tomorrow is that they get the insulation done and that they pour the floor back in the basement. Not that I don't appreciate the irony of climbing over a mountain of dirt to do laundry.

No comments: