Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 36 -- Closed In....Almost

We are so close to being totally closed in! One dormer still needs to have the plywood put on it and the peak at the front of the house needs to be built. It rained again today so the guys were working from beneath a tarp. I love the look of these dormers from the inside. I think I'm really glad we changed the pitch of them. I like the look of the steeper pitch.
Here's a direct view of one of the dormers.

We also met with DAYT today (David, Matt and Beauen) because we had a few questions here and there. I am continually impressed with their service. They are so accommodating and address all of our concerns right away. I am still amazed at how they are handling the repairs as a result of the flood. They are taking care of all the details. It is such a relief to know that we don't need to worry about coming up with more money to fix what the flood ruined. Everyone I talk to about this is shocked at how good these guys are. I haven't heard anyone that has had a good experience with their contractor. We really can't complain in any way shape or form thus far. Thanks DAYT!

P.S. I got word that the ideas I had last night about using the dead space in the closet (and also some in the bedroom) are totally doable. I think it'll give us quite a bit more storage space in there. I'm pumped!
P.P.S. Check out the orbs on the second photo. I better get my EMF detector out. I heart GH.

No comments: