Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 34 -- Frakkin' Flappin' Tarp

(Yes, I watch Battlestar Galactica.)...I'm beat. Last night was rough. The huge blue tarp came loose on one side and the wind was totally crazy. I went out there to try to secure it myself and a gust of wind almost knocked me on my butt. It was flapping all night. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep. Since we had an inner tarp secured, we didn't have any leaks, thankfully. It's raining again right now. It's supposed to rain every day this week until Saturday. We'll be fully closed in just in time for the sunny June weather.


Today we met with Ed Merrill from RDG to discuss the roof pitch problem mentioned in yesterday's post. We decided the best thing to do was to change the pitch to a steeper one on all peaks on the front of the house as we had talked about yesterday. Badger & company was able to get the center pitch redone today. The dormers still haven't been redone. You can get a glimpse of what our view will be like from the deck.




One exciting development from today is that we got the new flooring delivered. The old floors were red oak. Since the old floors were ruined, DAYT promised to pick up the tab for replacement red oak. Since we are putting walnut upstairs, we decided to pay the difference and upgrade to walnut. It will be beautiful! I am totally stoked to see it when it's done. We'll be putting it in the dining room, front room, hallway, and office.







Another item that they worked on today was the back roof line. I'm also in the process of picking which color of asphalt shingles to get. Look for a possible opinion poll later on.

No comments: