Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Beginning of the End

Could it be that I might actually live to see my master bathroom complete? Badger and company came by today to get the floor prepped for tiling. The first thing they did was rip more ceiling out in the kitchen to shore up the area where the clawfoot tub will be. I'm feeling good about knowing that I won't be relaxing in a nice bubble bath and find myself suddenly in the kitchen...or worse, the basement. :) Having Money Pit flashbacks here.

They also patched the plumber's hack job.


To the right is an example of a recessed area for the shower. We plan to put the basketweave tile at the back of the recessed area with a carerra shelf. To the far right is the hole that was cut today in preparation for my little nook.

Tomorrow, I believe the tiler will be here starting on the curb for the shower as well as putting down the backer board for the floor.

No comments: