Monday, July 9, 2012

Holy Storage Space Batman!

Today the cabinet guys came back to put on the hardware.  I chose some fairly simple knobs and clam shell pulls for the drawers in brushed nickel.

They really finish off the cabinets.  I love 'em.  I can't wait to rip off all the plastic that is protecting the appliances and see how it all looks together.  Don't worry, that microwave will be moving off the counter and into a cabinet.

Since I haven't really been able to open the drawers and cabinets easily, I have avoided cleaning inside them until the final holes were drilled and I had hardware to open them.  I spent over an hour vacuuming and wiping down all the insides and outsides of the cabinets.  Once I was done with that, I went crazy and decided to open every drawer and cabinet just to see how much storage space we'll have.
 

It reminds me of some spooky scene in a horror film where the woman walks out of the kitchen for 10 seconds and when she comes back in all the drawers and cabinets are open. What's even more scary is that I am going to have to find things to fill these things up. It's gonna take a while.

The best time I had all night was walking through and slamming all the drawers and cabinets and having each one of them close slowly and silently.  So cool.  I hated how our old cabinets doors would slam every time you closed them.  Awesome feature.

Looks like tomorrow will be grout on the backsplash...and more moving in.

No comments: