Tuesday, June 12, 2012

And They're Off!

The tile has been laid in the kitchen!

It's done in the pantry and beneath the dishwasher.

 It's even done beneath the refrigerator.

I must say I had serious reservations about Brian's vision of a black and white checkered floor.  I'm usually not that bold.  I figured it would look like a day at the races.  :)  But this is Brian's kitchen, and, as much as it pains me to say it, he was right.  It looks pretty dang cool.  With the soapstone counter tops it will look pretty sweet.  We chose to go with a black granite and white marble for this flooring.  Black grout will go in tomorrow.  Also some Sheetrock patching will hopefully occur tomorrow as well.  Countertops are scheduled for Tuesday of next week and backsplash tiling will be shortly thereafter.  Appliances by the end of next week?  Let's hope so.

No comments: