Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 200 -- Back to Badger

I have been discouraged as of late. For a while, I was okay with little progress. I just wanted a quiet house without anyone working in it for a while. Now I think I'm nesting. Our new arrival is due in 4 months. I'm starting to panic. We need a room fit for a baby boy finished by March 25th. (For those of you who didn't know -- I'm pregnant. Yippee!) So I thought I better get cracking on having someone finish this thing. And if anyone could bring me out of this discouraging slump, I knew it would be Badger and Co. They finished almost every window casing today. The only one left is the one in the master bath which isn't a priority anyway. I got home from work and there were 3 guys working away upstairs. They didn't leave until 9. I think I have mentioned this before, but I'll do it again. Most people I'm sure would be annoyed with people working on their house until 9. I, on the other hand, find the cacophony of nailers, chop saws, compressors and hammers to be a perfect symphony that sounds like only one thing: progress. And it is beautiful. I am continually impressed with the level of professionalism and the work ethic of Badger and his people. When I walked in, I noticed that they had put paper over the new hardwood floors as to not damage them....not even the painter did that. They are always friendly, they clean up after themselves, and as I said before, they are always working hard. Thanks Badger for reinvigorating me. I was counting on you and you delivered.

Here is the kids bathroom and the hall window:


And the kids rooms:


The master closet and the master bedroom (notice the trim had to be angled on the dormer windows to allow for the ceiling):

And here is a close up of what the casing looks like. It is very simple. It matches very closely the baseboards that we put in the main floor (which will be put upstairs as well). Good choice Brian. They eventually will be painted white to match the windows in the rest of the house.

No comments: