Saturday, April 9, 2011

When In Rome

After spending hours online trying to find the right roman shades, I decided I would try my hand at making them myself. I found a website where you can buy a roman shade kit. It's awesome! You enter the dimensions of your window and the kit they send you comes with all the hardware pre-assembled on a mounting board and step by step instructions on how to sew and assemble your roman shade. I found the perfect fabric on Fabric.com and today, while Nate was taking his nap, I thought I'd just open it up and start it. A few short hours later, I was done! I couldn't believe it!

Izzypop helped by taking some photos of the process. She also helped me do some measuring...Something that I took my time on, but I'm really pleased with the outcome.



Now Brian and I can walk around in our skivies and spare the rest of the world the horrendous sight! LOL!

I gotta say, even though this project was pretty easy compared to what I thought it was going to be, I am pretty proud of myself.

Eat your heart out, Martha!

No comments: