Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 297 -- Some Finishing Touches

Today my mom and dad came up to help me put the finishing touches on Lizzy's room. We put together the picture frames for the West wall and my mom added a little more color to the flowers we bought for the East wall. My dad also put up the chandelier (another Lorraine's purchase which we painted white and replaced the orange crystals for pink ones). This is one girly room for one girly girl. She has already hung her Snow White dress up on her flower pegs.





The final thing we did today was finish upholstering the bench in the closet. And when I say "we" I really mean my mom and dad. I cut the foam and material, but they did all the hard work. I love the fabric we used. You can't really tell from the picture, but it is a blue-green and cream striped chenille that has the texture of corduroy. It looks great especially with the pillows.

And yes, that is the actual view from our closet. Pretty cool, huh? It was a beautiful night here in SLC.

Thanks mom and dad for all the help...again!

1 comment:

Andy said...

It looks like a picture hung! Is it really in the closet? Are the shoes OK sharing that kind of spot light?