Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 241 -- Victory!!!

No, it is not 3 weeks later. Nor is it some computer generated image or optical illusion. We have a bedroom. An actual, functional bedroom. I think I have mentioned before that I have an awesome family. I do. I have an awesome, hardworking and talented family who is fun to be around even when they are being slave-driven by a woman who is 6 months pregnant. Today, my aunts, uncles, cousins, parents and siblings all came up to help me paint.



The goal was to get Izzypop's room painted and if there was enough time, put another coat on the master bedroom. I was hoping this would put us in a position to get me into a real bed by next weekend. Not only did they do that, they painted the doors for Izzypop's closet, they finished painting my room and the closet with the exception of a bit of trim, they primed the baby's room closet and door frames, they painted the shelving in our master closet, and probably most importantly and thankfully, they moved our furniture into our bedroom and set up the bed. The little ones even helped make the bed.




I cannot believe I will get to sleep in a real bed in our new master bedroom tonight and I will actually have my own side of the bed that I can get out on! I seriously thought I was going to cry -- I might still, the night is young. I could be crying myself to sleep on my huge pilla. Here are a couple panoramas of the master as it has progressed:
Day 65:
Day 71:
Day 72:
Day 228:
Today:

Here's one from another angle and also one from inside the master closet:




And of course, Izzypop's room.

I am so grateful for everyone's help. It would have taken us another couple of weeks (or a few thousand dollars) to do what my family did in 8 hours. Unbelievable. Thank you so much Mom, Dad, Layne, Callie, Shereen, Chad, Jerry, Ashley, Jay and Kerry. You really are the best.


Next on the list for us is getting Izzypop's new bed put together and getting her room finished. Tomorrow, the lower railing should be finished if all goes well and the painters will be working on getting ready to paint the stairway.

This is pretty much what I feel like (and I'm sure anyone who was here today feels the same way) so I am going to bed.

No comments: