Friday, May 11, 2018

Could It Finally Be?

It has been a couple years since we have done anything major on the house. I have been spent. I just didn't have it in me to do anything on the yard.  No ideas, no passion, no nothing.  It basically stayed the same for the last two years since we did the pergola and the fence....it has perhaps deteriorated a bit, even.

So I told Brian to make it happen --- and I didn't care how. He hired Simms to do our landscaping and so far, so good.  They have been great to work with.  They have torn out all the grass in both the front and backyard.



They have installed an entirely new sprinkling system which won't run under the patio (I've been worried about that) and have graded the dirt so we won't be twisting any more ankles just walking across the lawn. They have installed a few outlets in the backyard (hallelujah!).



They have installed metal curbing to help keep the grass where is should be. And at this point they have started to plant some of the new plants. Grass will be next week. I am particularly loving the new trees and the variety of plants.

At any rate, we've put a lot of work into this house, and even with no grass, finally it's starting to look like it from the outside.  More to come next week.


No comments: