Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cast Iron Cutie

Got the new clawfoot tub today. A bunch of the guys from work nearly killed themselves helping Brian get the thing upstairs. It has to be close to 400 lbs. I hope that lunch will be enough to pay for the aches and pains they're all sure to have tomorrow morning. But the point is the tub is upstairs in its new home! I had meant to order an acrylic tub to make the move easier, but I was an idiot and ordered a cast iron one instead. I'm just glad I have a big strong husband (and co-workers). I am glad I got this one, though. I love it! It is the perfect size for me to do some mega relaxing in. I am already eyeing a book caddy that will hold my sparkling cider, a candle, and the latest novel I'm enjoying. This will be one of the few times you will see one of the kids in this tub. This baby's mine! He does look cute in it though!


The faucet for the tub also came. I loved the cross handles on both the faucet and the supply lines on this one. You can also see what the feet for the tub look like from this pic. The finish we ordered for everything is a brushed nickel to match the rest of the house. I was really tempted to go with a chrome finish in this room, but my OCD got the best of me.

The next step will be to get the plumbing in the right locations. Then we can tile!

No comments: