Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back In Action

Since Nate was born last March, I haven't had much time or desire to even think about renovations. Part of it was probably also because we ran out of money :). In the last few weeks, though, I've gotten the bug again. I'm tired of having one last unfinished room in the new addition. As you can see, it has already started to become a storage area...That's a problem.


So...here's the next couple of things that need to be done for us to be on our way to our very own en suite bathroom sans ironing board and exercise equipment:
1. Purchase a clawfoot tub -- DONE. It will be delivered on Tuesday.
2. Get the plumbing roughed in for the tub
3. Get the shower pan built
4. Tile the floor and shower

At that point, we will be able to install the wainscoting, paint, and put in all the bath fixtures, but I'm focusing on the first 4 steps right now. As I said, the clawfoot tub (along with the handheld shower faucet and supply lines and drain) is ordered. Check back on Tuesday for more on that.

In preparation for step 4, I ordered one sheet of basketweave carrera/bardiglio marble tile. I've got another sample coming in the mail, but this is definitely the gist of what I want -- a basketweave marble tile that's white with grey dots.

Our goal is to have this room done by July 1. I'm hoping we will have it done long before then. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: