Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 127 -- Helping Hands

I love my job. I love what I do, but more importantly, I love the people I work with. They are amazing. Today, they gave up their lunch break to put on some grubbies and haul our furniture from our garage, basement and wherever else, back to their rightful places. They even managed to do it with a smile on their faces. At least, they faked one for a split-second picture.





Even wives and babies turned out to help.












I mostly did the two things I do best: barked orders and stood there and looked pretty.












After the "fun" was over and we had worked up an appetite, we chowed on some pizza. It was a great time.


The end result was a main floor with furniture that we could actually use. Not to mention a garage that I can actually park in.



We ate dinner on our dining room table for the first time in 4 months. Lizzy thought it was pretty cool to eat at a table instead of the floor in our bed/dining/TV room. Right now, she's in playing with all her toys that have been packed away for ages. She might me more ecstatic than I am!




Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Richard, Sally, Cameron, Ryan, Steve, Kim, Sean, Jason, Kent, Melinda, Carianne, Patrick & the lovely Isabella.




P.S. We'll miss you Sean!

3 comments:

Missletoe said...

Now THAT must feel good. Ahhhh....

We're looking forward to playing with some of Izzy's toys! We're thinking we might head out the first 2 weeks of Dec. We can't wait to see EVERYTHING!

thronedoggie said...

Well, I'd'a helped, if'n I could'a !

Anonymous said...

What great friends! You must have the best life ever!!!